Thursday, October 16, 2008

We're in Texas!

We have been in Texas now for one week! Adam loves his new job at Behringer Harvard and I am trying to get settled into our apartment and get Taylor used to central time.

A few things I love about Texas already...a given is the weather. It's been about 80 degrees every day so far. I love Blue Bell Ice Cream. It is the best ice cream I have ever had. I love that my favorite salsa is less than $2 at Target - in Seattle I paid close to $5 for it!
A few things I am going to have to get used to - the way Texans drive, the weird bugs and big Walmarts. I've also spent countless hours trying to find places and end up finding something else instead.

Taylor is doing great and becoming quite the little talker. She learns new words every day. Her favorite word right now is "football" and "Chris" since her Uncle is staying with us until their apartment and things are ready. She LOVES Dora the Explorer and can't get enough of it. So that's been an incentive for her to listen to her parents =)

Overall our first week has been great in Dallas and we are excited to meet new friends and find a church. We miss all of our family and friends in Seattle tremendously!!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Thanks for the update--a blog is a great idea for us to keep posted on what's going on. Glad that you're settling in okay.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to follow your Texas adventure. We still can't believe you guys are gone, but we hope to be able to visit you sometime. It feels like just yesterday Adam and I couldn't set foot on carpet at the Gresset house!

Kyle and HK Foss Family said...

Mixed feelings - we really miss you but know that you are in good hands in Dallas. Hope the ladies night was great tonight!

Taylor - say "MILES", sounds like "smiles" or "Liles"...

Miss you - HK
(super jealous about the salsa tip, I love salsa)